Tuesday, May 18, 2010


I had to do a little scrambling today to make a card for tonight. Each month, the owner of R' Impressions (Blue Earth, MN) does a card making challenge where you MUST use certain given supplies and I left it until the last minute! Yikes!! Anyway, I got this card done here at naptime today. Now I think it's got a bit more going on in it than a lot of my cards do (especially the one I posted yesterday), but it was a fun challenge.

I was given the two orange cardstocks, green tag, brad and turn, as well as vellum in the card challenge packet from R' Impressions. I wasn't sure what to do with those colors at first, all I could think of was Halloween. Then it hit me that Cosmo Cricket would go perfectly with it. I distressed the edges of the dark orange cardstock, crumpled and distressed the light orange card stock piec and roughed up a piece of the inside cardstock with a sentiment on it (no pic of that). I will let it go on record that I hate vellum and I did not like trying to stick the stuff down. I used glue on part of it that I covered with Cosmo Cricket and used a clip to keep another part of it down. I know they make Vellum tape and I had some until this past weekend's garage sale when I sold it. :) I pretty much layered the heck out of the card until I had no open space, but I hope it's okay!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!


Erica said...

You chose the perfect embellishments to coordinate with that mismatched stuff! Great job.

Kristin said...

Very eclectic, I love it!!