Saturday, December 19, 2009

A few Minis

I made a few mini Christmas cards last night. I realized that I still need quite a few Christmas cards for various people. Now, if I was smart, I would make a bunch of similar cards, but I really like to make different ones, so I only got 2 done last night.

The first card uses some Pink Paislee and Graphic 45 papers. I had a scrap of the Pink Paislee left over from another project and I folded it. I thought it was a cute mini size. I inked the edges with a brown chalk ink. I had a pretty sticker from K and Co. that I mounted on Kraft cardstock and inked as well. I used my Marvy circle punch to punch out some Graphic 45 paper and I mounted that to the top right of the card, cutting off the excess and inking as well. I used a fiskars border punch on kraft cardstock, inked it and mounted it as well. I used my long reach hole punch to make a hole on the fold of the card to string my Martha Stewart baker's twine through and tied it in a bow. Pretty quick and easy!!

The second card uses some of last year's Fancy Pants paper and chipboard accent as well as some Thickers. I started by distressing the card base (AC Cardstock) and the Fancy Pants paper. I used a small strip of tape on the patterned paper and then used the sewing machine to fully mount it down! Then I had some scalloped cardstock (possibly DCWV, I'm not sure) and I cut it to fit the card and used the sewing machine on that too. Then I took the Fancy Pants chipboard accent and placed it on the card. The finishing touch was the Thickers spelling Joy!
Thank you for looking. Hope you enjoy your Saturday!

1 comment: