Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday is here!

Yay for Friday huh?! I know I am ready for the weekend. We have no big plans and that is what makes it wonderful!! I hope to spend a lot of time up in my attic this weekend to work on some projects!

I have quite a few different projects to show you today. The first are two trinket boxes that I made for The Scrappy Tree www.thescrappytree.blogspot.com.



I used lots of Crackle paint on these. The heart box on the left is for my daughter Debbie for Valentine's Day. I used some old lace, bunched it up and stuck an old broach to hold the lace bunch together. I put lace and pearls around the lid of the box. The box on the right uses a beautiful Prima flower and a 7 Gypsies tag as well as plenty of Crackle paint.



I made this layout of Dylan at a local park (the picture is from 2006). I used Fancy Pants paper for this layout. It is really fun to use for boy pages! I used AC cardstock to mat the photo. I used black American Crafts stickers for the title. The journaling stickers are also from Fancy Pants. I enjoyed adding Glossy Accents to this page (you can't see it much in this photo) on a lot of the doodling elements on this page. It looks pretty cool in person!
Finally, a card to share...........



I saw a similar design in a Paper Crafts magazine and I decided to put my take on it. I used old sheet music and mounted it to the card. I used a stitching rub on around the sheet music. I used Fancy Pants stamps for the "Cherish" and "Love" sentiment on this card. I used a Paper Studio sticker to complete the sentiment on the card. I used lace at the bottom of the card because I love the lace so much. Then I used assorted flowers (mostly Primas) and old buttons and brads to add to the flowers. I them mounted them onto the music sheet. I inked around the edges of the card and thought I was done. Then I looked at it and thought it could use a little shimmer, so I finally added Glimmer Mist to the card! Viola! Done!
Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

gayle said...

Love those trinket boxes! That doodle paper on Dylan's LO is so cute :) and the card is so pretty! Love the stitching especially