Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Altered tin

Well, I did manage to get into my scraproom last night and I sat there and I had no idea what to make. Then all of a sudden it came to me. I had seen an altered tin in a book that I was looking at earlier in the day so I decided to make one myself. My Grandmother had given me Altoids tins quite a number of years ago and I finally altered it! I started by painting it with Gesso. I originally planned on painting the whole thing with Crackle Paint, but I changed my plan! lol


I ended up using some of the Artist's paper that came with an issue of Take Ten Magazine and I cut it to fit the lid. Then I applied my cute little pattern girl and Creative Imaginations rub on. Then I applied Picket Fence Crackle Paint.

On the bottom of the tin I used a piece of white and pink lace. I used pink seam binding and a string of pearls to go around the outer edge of the tin's lid. This photo above has the inside contents (slightly smaller than an atc) displayed.

This is a picture of all the contents taken out.


"I Make Stuff" uses a Homespun Chic fabric tag from GCD studios. I used pattern tissue paper, my sewing machine, Homespun Chic paper and a vintage button to complete the card!




I just love my pattern girls and here is a cute one from a Simplicity pattern. She is on top of lace and the word love was cut from an old book (GASP! yes, I cut a book.)




I used a Homespun Chic transparency on this little card as well as a Glimmer misted piece of sheet music and I stitched it to my card. The sentiment is from Melissa Frances and is rubbed on to a piece of pattern tissue paper. The crown was supplied from my friend Kristin.




I had fun working on this project so I can't wait to add to it. I might need another tin. This one doesn't have a lot of room left! :)



2 comments:

David said...

This is really cool! This looks like something that my wife (Erica at Zunky Chic) would love, and would love making. She tells me that the two of you have similar tastes!

Erica@ZunkyChic said...

Of course I love this!! Love the tin, and all those little projects are beautiful! What an inspiration. We must do another swap soon.