Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring is in the air...

Spring is right around the corner! I can see grass and plenty of mud so I know it will be here soon! My friend Erica had a Spring collage over at Zunky Chic (www.zunkychic.com) and the above plaque is for that swap. I used a 4 by 4 art panel and painted it with pink crackle paint. Once that dried, I used some of my favorite vintage pieces (a vintage pattern girl and two vintage greeting card items). I used my favorite glue (Yes! Glue) to adhere everything on the panel! I added a Prima flower, pearls, and liquid pearls to the plaque. Finally, I used my hot glue gun to put a hand made lace around the plaque. I also attached a lace hanger (not shown in this picture) so someone could hang it if they wish!
Today was my turn to post over at The Scrappy Tree (www.thescrappytree.blogspot.com) and I made a St. Patty's Day tag. Go on over and check out the site! We are celebrating National Craft Month and there are plenty of projects to get the creative juices flowing!

3 comments:

Erica@ZunkyChic said...

love, love, love that collage! And, it matching your pretty in pink blog, too!! I can't wait to see it in person. I knew you'd do something fabulous with that little pattern girl.

The Scrappy Tree said...

Julz, great collage! I love the flowers and textures.

K

gayle said...

Jules, the canvas is SO gorgeous! I love that you are creating art! The tag is so cute as well, I got some in the post recently and just itching to do something with them!