Saturday, April 3, 2010

A little fun...

Kristin from over at The Scrappy Tree's Ning community (www.thescrappytree.ning.com) had this really fun Paper Bag Album project where everyone who took part made a book about themselves. It was very fun to do. I still have some more pages to do and share with you later, but here's what I have done so far....



These pages are about my cooking experiences. I had some wonderful newspaper from 1924 that dealt with cooking so I made sure those pages were my background. The images are from Crafty Secrets and the Domestic Bliss chipboard piece is from GCD studios. I did add a few gemstones from Hero Arts as well.
Another set of pages dealt with the fact that I really am a home body. I used some fabric, vintage sheet music, Making Memories paper, GCD studios fabric patch and vintage buttons on these pages. I do need to say that the fabric on the bottom of the left page blew in the wind (It is crazy windy here) so it would lay flat otherwise.
These next pages use the vintage sheet music, Hero Arts flowers, GCD studios fabric patch, Melissa Frances resin frame, Cosmo Cricket sticker, and Making Memories brad.

The next pages are two of my favorites actually. I love my vintage pattern images and these pages reflect that. I used a Vogue pattern from the 50s, Cosmo Cricket paper, Hero Arts gemstones, prima flower, Jenni Bowlin butterfly, and an old envelope.



For the last pages I'll share today, I used Cosmo Cricket paper, GCD studios paper, GCD studios fabric patch and Making Memories Brads.

For the cover of the album I used the tissue paper that comes in the pattern envelopes. I used Mod Podge to adhere it to the paper bag. I tried to be funny with this a bit because I definitely do not consider myself Mrs. Wonderful! The Mrs. Wonderful label came from Crafty Secrets. The transparency and chipboard girl came from GCD studios and the letter stickers were from Cosmo Cricket. I also used lace and seam binding from my stash to tie the whole project together.

I hope to work on some more pages tonight so I will share when I am done! Happy Easter!!





2 comments:

Audra said...

super cute!! love the vintagey look!! great work!! :)

Kristin said...

WOW, Julz, I LOVE every page you shared so far! The cover is my fav. Those images fit perfectly with your sense of humor and fun spirit :) Thanks for playing along. I finished my hideous Easter projects, so I am also tackling it again tonight.

K